The following questions and answers provide advice on a variety of common questions. Please contact us if you require more information.

General Question

How do I obtain a new or replacement birth certificate in the event of an emergency?

Our Constituency Office can help in expediting a new or replacement birth certificate needed urgently for reasons such as travel or employment. (The office of the Registrar General requires proof of urgency such as plane tickets or hotel reservations.)

Where can I renew or replace my OHIP card?

Click here for a fact sheet on replacing OHIP cards or to locate your nearest OHIP office.

How can I obtain Power of Attorney forms?

You can find an online Power of Attorney kit on the website for Ontario’s Ministry of the Attorney General. Click here for more information. You may also contact our Constituency Office at 905-895-1555 and we’ll gladly mail you the desired forms.

Where can I find information about the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP)?

OSAP is a financial aid program designed to provide loans, grants and scholarships to Ontario post-secondary students. If you wish to learn more, please visit the official OSAP website.

Who do I contact for help on issues with the Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB)?

Non-union employees can contact the Office of the Worker Adviser at 1.800.435.8980. For service in French dial 1.800.661.6365 or for TTY dial 1.866.445.3092. You can also visit their website at Union members should contact their union.

Where can I find information on the Trillium Drug Program?

Click here to access information on the Trillium Drug Program, as well as an application form.

How can I find a doctor?

You can sign up for Health Care Connect if you do not already have a family doctor. Health Care Connect helps Ontarians who are without a family health care provider (family doctor or nurse practitioner) to find one. People without a family health care provider are referred to a family doctor or a nurse practitioner who is accepting new patients in their community. Here are some additional resources to help you access health care services in Ontario: Your Health Care Options website Service Ontario INFO line 1.866.532.3161

Where can I get help with my energy costs?

Bill subsidies for low-income families and individuals can be found through the OESO program. You can apply online by clicking here or by calling 1-855-831-8151.

If someone is facing disconnection, LEAP funding could be available but its administered through service agencies specific to the Natural gas or Electricity Distribution Company. Click here for a list of gas utilities and LDCs and which agency administers LEAP for them.

Ontario Legislature

Are there circumstances where my MPP may be unable to help?

Julia can help you in matters that pertain to programs and services delivered by the Government of Ontario, but has no jurisdiction outside the Government of Ontario.

Within matters covered by the Ontario Government, what are the limitations on what my MPP can do?

As your MPP, there are some limitations on how Julia can help. For example, Julia cannot overrule any decisions made by a tribunal; Julia cannot intervene if you have retained a lawyer, or if the matter is overseen by the Ontario Courts; Julia cannot make any program or service do something outside what its mandate is, or what it is set up to do; Julia cannot take applications for public appointments; Julia cannot authorize purchases, contract work, influence hiring, or retain your services on behalf of the Government of Ontario. Julia does not have jurisdiction or standing on immigration issues. Matters pertaining to immigration should discussed with York-Simcoe MP, Peter Van Loan.

How do I request a special occasion scroll for birthdays, anniversaries, business openings and other special events?

If you or someone you know will soon be celebrating a special birthday, anniversary or commemorating a special event, you can request special greetings from your public officials. Our Constituency Office can make arrangements for special certificates from MPP Julia Munro, the Premier, and/or the Lieutenant Governor of Ontario. Please note, eligibility criteria will differ by request. If you have a question, or would like to speak with someone directly, call the Constituency Office at 905-895-1555 for further information. You can also submit your Certificate request from this website.

Processing times may vary, so please submit your request as early as possible.

How do I apply to become a Legislative Page?

The Legislative Page program is available to Grade 7 and 8 students who have achieved success in both academic and extra-curricular activities. Pages participate in the legislative process, act as messengers in the Legislative Chamber, meet with politicians and officials, learn how laws are made and how the Province of Ontario is governed. For further information on the Page program and how to apply to become a page, click here.

How do I book a school tour of the Ontario Legislature?

The Legislative Assembly of Ontario offers a number of tours, all of which offer an unforgettable look into Ontario's history and legislative process inside one of Ontario's most significant heritage buildings. The Reservations Desk is open from 8:30-10:30 a.m. and from 2:30-4:30 p.m., Monday to Friday. Call Interparliamentary and Public Relations at 416-325-7500 and ask for “Bookings” (collect calls are accepted). Tour requests may also be sent by fax to 416-325-7489. Please visit the School Tours section of the Ontario Legislature website for more information.

How do I book an individual, family or small group tour of the Ontario Legislature?

Our Constituency Office would be pleased to provide more information for anyone planning to visit Queen’s Park. Half-hour public tours are free of charge and do not require a reservation; organized groups visiting the Legislative Assembly of Ontario can also reserve a guided tour. Availability of tours varies depending on the time and day you visit. Call 905-895-1555 or email for more information.